- Saguaro Cactus (autoclaved): 188 g
- De-ionized water: 1600 mL
- Potato buds (finely ground in blender): 282 g
- Propionic acid: 18.8 mL
Ingredients to make approximately 3 glass bottles:
- Saguaro Cactus (autoclaved): 23.5 g
- De-ionized water: 200 mL
- Potato buds (finely ground in blender): 35.25 g
- Propionic acid: 2.35 mL
Makes approximately 24 glass bottles.
Cooking Instructions (Stove Top)
- Put the finely ground potato buds in a large Ziploc bag.
- Add autoclaved Saguaro and de-ionized water to a blender. Blend at high speed, approximately 60 seconds. Make sure texture of blended solution is smooth and creamy. Make sure there are no chunks of Saguaro.
- Pour blended mixture into a medium sized pot. Bring mixture to approximately 90°C (small bubbles, no boil).
- Allow mixture to cool on a cold stove top burner to 60°C. (Watch closely — this will happen quickly). Stir continuously.
- Add propionic acid to mixture.
- At 60°C, pour hot cactus suspension into large Ziploc bag containing the potato buds.
- Knead/mix thoroughly to uniform consistency.
- Cut a corner of the Ziploc bag and dispense by squeezing into glass bottles. Squeeze approximately 79 mL or 1/3 cup of mixture into each bottle.
- Glass vials: 10 mL/vial = 1000 mL (1L)/case of 100 vials
- Plastic vials: 10 mL/vial = 1000 mL (1L)/case of 100 vials
- Glass bottles: 1/3 cup/bottle ~ 2 L/case of 24 bottles
- Plastic bottles: ? cup/bottle ~ 1.5 L/case of 24 bottles